Tim & I met through an online dating site in 2002. We were both in our mid-thirties, from similar backgrounds but living in different parts of the country. I was working in the City, and Tim was a management consultant working for a client over in Isleworth. We had loads in common (we found out later!), but our professional and social lives didn’t overlap at all.
In short, if it hadn’t been for online dating, we would never have met, fallen in love and started to build a new life and family together.
Online dating worked for us way back then – when online dating was still in its infancy – but there were loads of things we thought could be improved. And when we spoke to others who’d tried online dating, that list grew!
- Security and anonymity weren’t great. We had no guarantee that our personal details were safe, and weren’t being sold to third parties
- The people running the sites seemed to us much more interested in profit and taking our money than they were in helping us find what we were looking for. For us (and people we spoke to) it was like joining a dating “supermarket” – not very romantic!
- The “choice” of members was literally HUGE! The sites claimed (and still do) they have millions in their database, but we found many to be inactive or not at all the type of person we were looking for
- Some people weren’t genuine about who they were or what they were looking for (yes, both men and women were “economical” with the truth at times), which could lead to disappointment or disillusionment
- On top of that, we came across too many scammers. We received too many contacts from people who were on the site for the wrong reason – mostly to extort money from us.
Then we started to think maybe we could provide a trusted dating service for singles of our kind of background that tackled all of these shortcomings and had your best interests at its core.
AsianFreeAndSingle – a fresh take on internet dating, built on your core values
After loads of hard work, coffee, late nights, and more coffee, we launched MatureFreeAndSingle.com in April 2008. And then AsianFreeAndSingle early in 2011. For all our dating sites, the values we founded them on are the ones we live by:
- Honesty & openness
- Value for money
- Fun (and as much as possible!)
People who join our community will find that we’ve created a dating & friendship site that is different in many ways:
- AsianFS is exclusively for UK Asian singles, and we work hard to ensure a healthy balance between male and female members across the UK (it’s currently 47% men, 53% women)
- We have a real, UK-based Customer Services team that you can talk to if email’s not your thing. This 20-strong team is available by phone between 9am and 5pm, and by email any other time.
- We have one of the lowest incidences of scammers and fraudsters in the industry, thanks to our moderation team who review every new profile, photograph and first-time message. This unique combination of profile checking removes over 99% of people from your community who shouldn’t be there...and we’re constantly working on the other 1% too!
- We never pass on or sell your personal information to any third parties. Full stop.
Our team of techies and geeks are constantly on the lookout for new features and services that will improve your enjoyment of AsianFS, and make it easier for you to find that relationship you’re looking for.
- We are not free. It’s a fact that free sites attract scammers and insincerity. Plus, we put a lot into the service we offer you, and try our hardest to provide all our members with excellent value for money. Membership can be for as little as 45p a day, which we don’t think is much for potentially finding the love of your life, is it? And we offer a range of packages to suit everyone’s budget.
...and on top of all that (or probably because of it), we have thousands of members joining us every day.
We look forward to seeing you on the inside, and wish you all the very best of luck!
Paula & Tim Taylor